Nearly neglected this bit over the weekend:
Top 10 List Why Jesus and Vampires are Alike
1. Loosely based on historical figures
2. The tale gets passed on from generation to generation, each time adding a twist to the original tale until it becomes larger than life.
3. Very popular in pop-culture. Every year or so, there’s bound to be another re-hashed movie or best-seller about him. Ranges from the teeny-bopper, “cool” versions popular with younger crowd to the bloodier, more R-rated versions. 4. Anne Rice wrote a book about him.
5. Came back from the grave as an immortal undead with super-powers 6. Can’t enter uninvited into your house (or heart)
7. Allergic to crosses, prefers not to be impaled with or into woody stuff but in the official storyline gets staked anyway.
8. Likes to be called “prince”, though one prefers the moniker of “prince of peace”, the other likes the title “prince of darkness”.
9. Keeps flying critters as pets which usually come out on special occasions or when specifically summoned. One like doves, the other prefers bats.
10. Has his own rabid fan-base. Don’t mess with his fans, they can appear to be all nice and normal, but watch out when they bare their fangs. They will defend him to the death.
How about “Top 10 List Why Vampire Lore is like Christianity”? Check out Filipino Freethinkers to find out.
“Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld”